Crowdin not needed but clicked on and now Stuck

Hello everyone,

Ok I was trying to find things a user might click on to try to make the user interface as non breakable as possible and I clicked on Enable localization mode and got stuck in Crowdin In-Context Translations. Now it will not get back to the main page. It seems stuck on picking a language and login in. If a user clicked on this when the system is live it could be an issue. How do I disable this option. I was able to get back in by disabling the session with Tomcat then re-loging in but this inventory system is going to be local so it will not always be easy to do that.

Thanks,
John June

I clicked on Enable localization mode and got stuck in Crowdin In-Context Translations.

Yes, we’re aware of a few blackholes in the translation workflow. As far as I know we haven’t created any bug tickets to address them. so if you can recall the steps you took to get there, that would be helpful as we improve the usability of the workflow.

How do I disable this option.

We’ll have to get back to you on that. I don’t think there’s a feature flag, but it might be possible to removing the Acholi locale code (“ach”) from the default supportedLocales.

In order to do that, just add the following line to openboxes-config.groovy and then remove ‘ach’ (and any other locale you don’t need) from the list.

openboxes.locale.supportedLocales = ['ar','ach', 'cz', 'de','en','es','fr', 'ht', 'it','pt','fi','zh']

@Artur As far as you know, is there a better way to disable the feature?

If not, let’s add a ticket to create a new configuration property to disable localization mode? We could also consider making this a supported activity for locations since we might want to disable it for specific locations.

I was able to get back in by disabling the session with Tomcat then re-loging in but this inventory system is going to be local so it will not always be easy to do that.

Yeah, either that or just remember the controller action used to logout (/auth/logout), and you can enter the URL into your browser whenever it occurs.

https://your.server.name/openboxes/auth/logout