Re: [OpenBoxes] [general] Errors while installing OpenBox on my GoDaddy Windows Server

Justin,

Can you please help us with this issue?

Outlook-wlb053uf.png

Unfortunately, there’s nothing in that log that tells me what might have gone wrong.

The stdout and stderr might be more useful. You should now be able to upload .log file here but feel free to send to our support inbox or DM if you’d prefer to keep the logs from being exposed publicly.

Need more info on the red font line. Is there any other log file that I can look into?

21-May-2022 19:41:16.125 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.startInternal Starting Servlet engine: [Apache Tomcat/8.5.78]
21-May-2022 19:41:16.140 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR Deploying web application archive [C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5\webapps\openboxes.war]
21-May-2022 19:41:21.437 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal One or more listeners failed to start. Full details will be found in the appropriate container log file
21-May-2022 19:41:21.453 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal Context [/openboxes] startup failed due to previous errors
21-May-2022 19:41:21.500 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR Deployment of web application archive [C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5\webapps\openboxes.war] has finished in [5,360] ms

Support,

I just posted the actual errors to stdout and stderr that we have that is causing our issues. What else can I supply to help remedy our installation problems?

I will get the stdout and stderr log files and post them.

I just posted the actual errors to stdout and stderr that we have that is causing our issues. What else can I supply to help remedy our installation problems?

The error you highlighted in the previous response doesn’t mean anything. It’s just a generic error that Tomcat logs when startup of the webapp has failed.

Have you posted or DM’s me your log files yet?

How do I upload the log files?

Charles Burki | CTO
Innovative Logics LLC | SBA 8(a) Certified SDB | SBE/MBE/DBE/Texas HUB
7 Home Place Ct, Dalworthington Gardens TX 76016
M: 414-399-3762

Email: cburki@innovativelogics.com

Outlook-wlb053uf.png

Every time I attempt to upload log files I get an error that the file is empty when clearly it is not.

When I try to drag and drop the files I get an error that new users aren’t allowed to upload files. I was told 2 days ago that I had permission to upload files but it looks like I can’t. For the love of god, can someone please help me?

I am dead in the water since I am unable to send log files either through this discussion site or through email and all I get are errors. OpenBox has been the most frustrating experience of my life. I was told that I had authority to upload log files but I get error stating I am not authorized to do so.

Can you just send the logs to me via email support@openboxes.com?

test.log (106 Bytes)

I’m guessing Discourse is giving you problems either because you’re a new user or it doesn’t trust you because your responses seem to be getting marked as spam. The spam bot seems to not like the links in your email signature.

Update: Sorry I meant to include a link to the WAR file for the most recent release (v0.8.17-hotfix4).

For reference, I just downloaded and installed Tomcat 8.5.79 locally and pulled down a fresh WAR file from our release page and it all deployed fine for me. I’m using Ubuntu so it’s not apples and oranges, but it was miserable experiences like what you’re dealing with that convinced me never to use Windows again.

Here’s my catalina.out to show what a successful deployment looks.

catalina.out (38.1 KB)

If you are successful one of these times, your deployment will take much longer as the application will need to run through hundreds of database migrations before the database is ready. So be patient and check the logs (probably stdout, but I don’t recall what logs are used for what purpose on Windows).

So getting back to your issue …

localhost.2022-05-21.log was the only log that contained anything interesting. I’ve never seen this particular except but it means that Tomcat could not load a class that is required for startup. This might mean a bunch of things

1. the WAR file does not contain this class
  2. perhaps there’s a permission issue with Tomcat being able to locate the file

In order to troubleshoot, can you send me the WAR file you used or point me to where you download it from?

21-May-2022 19:16:59.544 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart Error configuring application listener of class [org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.util.Log4jConfigListener]
	java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.util.Log4jConfigListener
		at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1420)
		at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1228)
		at org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.loadClass(DefaultInstanceManager.java:533)
		at org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.loadClassMaybePrivileged(DefaultInstanceManager.java:514)
		at org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.newInstance(DefaultInstanceManager.java:149)
		at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4686)
		at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5232)
		at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:183)
		at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:753)
		at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:727)
		at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:695)
		at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:1016)
		at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1903)
		at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:473)
		at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
		at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1152)
		at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:622)
		at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
21-May-2022 19:16:59.544 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart Error configuring application listener of class [org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.context.GrailsContextLoaderListener]
	java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.context.GrailsContextLoaderListener
		at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1420)
		at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1228)
		at org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.loadClass(DefaultInstanceManager.java:533)
		at org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.loadClassMaybePrivileged(DefaultInstanceManager.java:514)
		at org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.newInstance(DefaultInstanceManager.java:149)
		at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4686)
		at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5232)
		at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:183)
		at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:753)
		at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:727)
		at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:695)
		at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:1016)
		at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1903)
		at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:473)
		at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
		at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1152)
		at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:622)
		at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
21-May-2022 19:16:59.544 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart Skipped installing application listeners due to previous error(s)

Justin,

The ware file, openboxes.war, we are using was downloaded from your site as follows:

https://github.com/openboxes/openboxes/releases/tag/v0.8.16-hotfix3

Charles Burki | CTO

Outlook-wlb053uf.png

Ok, can you try the latest version, see if that works, and report back?

Justin

I will give it a shot and let you know.

Thanks,

Charles Burki | CTO

Outlook-wlb053uf.png

Justin

What latest version? That link takes me to the same openboxes.war file with a creation date of October 9, 2021 that we used to install OpenBoxes. Am I missing something?

Charles Burki | CTO

Outlook-wlb053uf.png

Are you talking about Release 0.8.17 Hotfix 4?

Charles Burki | CTO

Outlook-wlb053uf.png

https://github.com/openboxes/openboxes/releases/tag/v0.8.17-hotfix4

Charles Burki | CTO