Installing openboxes issues

Hi All,
I am following the steps mentioned in the readme to setup the openboxes.
https://github.com/openboxes/openboxes.git. But I am getting the below error. I tried in Windows and ubuntu. Same issue in both. Any help:

I’m not sure which command you’re trying to run but according to this StackOverflow post (https://github.com/diegohaz/arc/issues/171) you can try to run the following to fix any linebreak incompatibilities.

npm run lint -- --fix

If that doesn’t work we can look into eslint or IDE config options.

Justin

Tryied. But still the same issue.

It looks like you’re using visual studio. At the bottom there should be a LF or LFCR. Switch that to the one not selected and see what happens. If that doesn’t help try to change the eslint configuration to ignore line breaks.

Tried to switch from LF to CRLF.
How to change the eslint configuration to ignore line breaks

It’s weird that you’re getting that error as it looks like we don’t enforce that rule in our eslint configuration. What command are you running when you see that error? Can you send me more of the logging output from beginning to end.

As for the eslint configuration, let’s see whether the following suggestion works for you locally.

1. Edit .eslintrc

2. Add the following line under rules

3. Save and rerun command

Adding linebreak-style did solved the issue of those errors. Thank you.
I am following steps mentioned in this readme : https://github.com/openboxes/openboxes
I have executed 6,7 and 8 now. Now how to browse to see the UI?
My goal is to try the software first to see how is the UI. If you have any online demo version even that would do.

Our main demo server is demo.openboxes.com. That would definitely be the easiest way to check out the software. It’s Just click on the signup link and create your own account (feel free to use a bogus name and email). FYI, I’ll be upgrading it to the 0.8.12 release later this week which contains a bunch of new features described here (OpenBoxes v0.8.12 - Release Notes).

You can also watch tutorial videos (https://openboxes.com/tutorials/) to get an overview of how certain features are supposed to be used.

I’d also be happy to provide my thoughts on whether OpenBoxes would be a good fit if you have specific use cases you want to implement. Just tell me what you’re trying to do and I’ll give you an honest response and provide you with alternatives to check out as well.

Justin

Thank you very much. Just now I could able to sucessfull created demo account and playing around with it.
Below are 2 use case for which I was looking for a open source software which I can fork and start building on top of that:
Use case 1 : A software for pharmacy distribution stores or warehouse stores
Use case 2 : A software for coffee supply chain from farmers to bean buyers.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

The first use case is definitely in line with what we built OpenBoxes to do. In fact, it’s currently being used for that purpose in Haiti, Liberia, Malawi, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, as well as in the US. And probably in more countries than I even know about.

The second use case is interesting. I would imagine you’d need to do some accounting + sales orders. OpenBoxes collects basic pricing data for products. This allows you to set a price for products in order to monitor your inventory value. However, there’s not much yet in the way of accounting and sales orders. We’ve got plans to add sales orders, but there are plenty of systems out there that already do sales and accounting better so I’d recommend looking at one of those (Odoo, ERPNext).

With that said, if you didn’t really need to keep track of a general ledger and just wanted to track stock movements from farmers to bean resellers than OpenBoxes could definitely handle those transactions.

Thank you for your clarification. So for the use case 1, how can a retail pharmacy store do business with this inventory software from openboxes?
I have a retail pharmacy software . Currently there customers who are using it.

So for the use case 1, how can a retail pharmacy store do business with this inventory software from openboxes?

Yeah that’s a completely different use case. We are in the process of figuring out how to deal with that since we have a few organizations interested in implementing a pharmacy point-of-sale (PoS). We have the additional complication of needing to integrate with an EMR.

At this point we’re looking into three options:

1. Build very basic dispensing features into OpenBoxes
  2. Build a new mobile-friendly application that handles dispensing features using OpenBoxes API
  3. Integrate with existing dispensing and EMR systems

We’re still early in the process of evaluating so I would not count on implementing those feature in OpenBoxes for the foreseeable future unless there was some funding to pay for development. But it’s one of those projects that I’ve been interested in for years so I’d be happy to help where I can.

Odoo and ERPNext both have PoS modules, so you might be able to implement the pharmacy PoS use case in one of those systems.

I have a retail pharmacy software . Currently there customers who are using it.

Can you explain why you’d like to replace your existing software? I was going to recommend that you should think about splurging on the PoS software to make sure you get a system that works well and streamlines the sales process for your employees and customers. Using a one-size-fits-all approach (like Odoo or ERPNext) might fix a few current issues but also might cause new bottlenecks and problems. Therefore, whatever issues you’re experiencing now you should make sure the new system fixes those and does not introduce new ones.

I’d be happy to discuss in more detail on a call. If you’re interested, just schedule some time with me this week.

Thank you very much for your response and recommendations .
Even I like to have one unified sooftware for pharmacy. But from the selling point its very tough. But, in the backend it will be the same database. Only from the UI side it will be 2 different so that it will be very specific to a specific target customers.

Also, to give a brief about the Pharmacy POS software currently being used, has the point 1 mentioned below. And point 2 and 3 are in Work in progress. It should be out to the customers in a month or so.

1. Build very basic dispensing features into OpenBoxes
  2. Build a new mobile-friendly application that handles dispensing features using OpenBoxes API
  3. Integrate with existing dispensing and EMR systems

I am available to talk to you anytime post 2 PM CST during this week. Please let me know whats your availability and we can connect.

Cool I’m free today. And I’m in the Central timezone as well. I’ll send an invite in a few minutes.

There’s one other open-source system that I forgot to mention that might be useful for the pharmacy use case.

https://www.msupply.org.nz/