Index page title

I was wondering how you can change the index page title ‘Openboxes’.

openboxestitle

All other page’s have custom titles, even the login and location select page. But then when it goes to the index page it says ‘OpenBoxes’.

I’ve searched several .gsp file’s for language references and added them to the database but no effect,

I think the default template (custom.gsp) defines the default title as OpenBoxes but every page can override. In the case of the index page I actually think this is a React page so I think the title is from react.gsp. However these are not things you should be changing.

If you wanted to provide justification for changing the title we could consider a code change. And we could even consider making this customizable / localizable.

What would you prefer to change it to?

Something like: Logistics Management System. Anyway if you can bind it to a language label then it’s customizable.

Anyhow been researching for a workaround (for now) seems you can use ‘grails.gsp.enable.reload = true’ to the .groovy file (Grails Goodness: Enable Hot Reloading For Non-Development Environments - JDriven Blog). However this seems not to work.
`

Something like: Logistics Management System. Anyway if you can bind it to a language label then it’s customizable.

We probably won’t get to that any time soon, but we could add it as a community ticket for someone to do.

Anyhow been researching for a workaround (for now) seems you can use ‘grails.gsp.enable.reload = true’ to the .groovy file (Grails Goodness: Enable Hot Reloading For Non-Development Environments - JDriven Blog). However this seems not to work.

This should work, but I think it goes along with the grails.gsp.view.dir config property. So I would enable the reload property along with this one.

grails.gsp.enable.reload = true
grails.gsp.view.dir = "/home/username/openboxes/grails-app/views"

Then to test this out, copy a non-layout GSP like product/edit.gsp, make a change and see if that works.

If it does, then copy layouts/custom.gsp, edit the title to something.

Then copy all of the layouts and make the title change across the board.

Note:

• I don’t know if this is actually going to work, but that’s how I would test it if i had time.
  • Keep in mind that this solution may lead to performance issues as the pages might need to be recompiled on every request (unless Grails does some magic around caching the latest version).

Justin

Works like charm! Thanks for the tip :slight_smile:

1 Like