So we are submitting an application for the Google Summer of Code this year and wanted to solicit some project ideas for students. Please note that the amount development (and specifically open-source development) experience for these students ranges from none to lots, so we’ll need a mix of “my first open-source hello-world project” to “integrate with RFID-enabled mobile computer”.
If anyone has an interesting integration project or feature that they really want to see, please submit a basic one-liner and I’ll try flesh them out over the next day or two.
If you’re motivated to write your own project idea, here’s a guide for how to write a one.
GSoC Project Ideas
A few more that we may turn into full-fledged project ideas if there’s any interest from the community.
- Native mobile application for order picking (React Native)
- Integration with a pick-to-light system (e.g. Voodoo Robotics)
- Integration with an accounting system (e.g. QuickBooks)
- Integration with an e-commerce system (e.g. Shopify)
- Integration with an ERP (e.g. ERPNext)
- Integration with a reporting system (e.g. DHIS2)