Adding vendors to system ->creating invoice

Hello,

I’m going further with the possibilities openboxes have.
When creating an invoice there is a need for a vendor, but can not find where to add.

I tried to add a supplier location but it seems to be a different thing. Also at Purchase order the supplier from the supplier location added is not shown. I added all the options available for the supplier except Partial receiving, Require accounting and Enable central purchasing.

Thank you!

I’m embarrassed to admit this but I don’t have much knowledge about the invoices feature yet. I designed the data model and code reviewed a bunch of the features, but the final product is still very new me so continue to ask questions, but I may have to defer to others.

To give you an overview, here’s the documentation for the Invoices feature
https://openboxes.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/OBW/pages/1546420301/Invoices

To answer your specific questions

I tried to add a supplier location but it seems to be a different thing.

So I believe Vendor and Supplier are synonymous. But we recently added the idea of an Organization (Party) because the accounting workflows didn’t always make sense at the Location (Facility) level. In other words, we needed to be able to create a parent Organization that could manage multiple warehouses, pharmacies, manufacturing plants, etc. POs and Invoices are high level documents that need to be associated at the Organization level (Buyers, Suppliers). But these documents also need to have references to Locations (Deliver To) in order to ensure that we can deliver goods to specific warehouses.

But so to get back to the point, a Vendor references a record in the organization (party) table. dbdocs.io - Database Documentation and Catalog Tool

Also at Purchase order the supplier from the supplier location added is not shown.

Again, supplier / vendor here is an Organization (Party).

I don’t know why we used multiple naming conventions but we’ll work on making everything more consistent in future releases.

NOTE: The data model doesn’t have a foreign key constraint from order.origin_party_id to party.id so we’ll need to add that to our backlog. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I added all the options available for the supplier except Partial receiving, Require accounting and Enable central purchasing.

So, in this case, I think you need to create a new Organization and add ROLE_SUPPLIER to its roles.

Let me know if that helps.

And apologies. The distinction between Organization and Location isn’t 100% intuitive yet. But we’ll get there so thank you for the questions and please don’t hesitate to provide feedback if you have suggestions on what you’d like to see.

Hello. Sorry for late reply. Yes it did the trick.

I wanted to be able to generate a report for the products that are going out to a customer for example. But I know this was not the target for openboxes. Also the inventory part, acces levels and all transaction history is a great feature.

Let me know what that report should look like and we can look to implement it.